Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sentimental

Starting to get a little sentimental these days. Last weekend I was watching Alabama A-Day and started thinking ... this will be my last time to watch Alabama football without a child. How weird is that?! It was my last time to watch football (at least for awhile) on my own terms and not on the child's schedule. I was already emotional before the game when I couldn't get any of my t-shirts to fit (not even the bigger ones) so I hunted down Tyler's size L. It fit perfectly, thank goodness! And today I am starting to get sentimental again with Easter being tomorrow. Why Easter? Well maybe because I know I am getting the chance to cook this big Easter dinner tomorrow for us and our friends knowing that it might be my last big celebration (china and all) that I will host. Sure I will throw something together around July 4th as I waddle around the kitchen but it won't involve using my china and I am almost positive it won't involve the oven during the middle of the Texas summer. So tomorrow I am going all out (in regular Easter fashion) with ham, macaroni and cheese, green beans, salad, rolls, and of course an assortment of appetizers (my favorite part of hosting). Oh and I guess I can't forget the fact that I will be attempting to make my mother in law's chocolate cheesecake for the first time. I don't know why I haven't tried it yet because it is one of my favorites. Perhaps I haven't tried because if I see how easy it is then I will make it too often. :)

Happy Easter everyone!

In Christ,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment

To post a comment, type your message here and then click the very bottom of the "Post Comment" button below. I think there's a glitch in their system and you have to be sure to hover over the button in a very specific spot and it'll change